So the cooking festivities began last night with a spontaneous trip to Williams Sonoma for a food scale (which I’ve been wanting for about a year and a half now…woooooooo!) and the making of Cranberry Ginger Relish. Recipe from Everyday Food, November 2007 issue.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until most of the cranberries have popped, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- Remove relish from heat. Let cool to room temperature, and serve (or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days).
It came out really well. Here’s a pic of my cranberries, bubbling away!